Friday, December 28, 2018

Franz Kafka Blues


I read some of Franz Kafka's stories and novels forty years ago when I was in college. A few weeks ago I picked up a biography of him at one of our local thrift stores. This kicked off what has now been a several week binge of reading and rereading books by and about Kafka.

I had forgotten how funny much of Kafka's work is. I'm pretty sure my lovely and patient wife has gotten sick of my Kafka anecdotes now, but I'm still having a blast. I woke up this morning & I wasn't a giant bug, so I figured it was going to be a pretty good day. To celebrate, I wrote this blues song.

1 comment:

  1. I once employed Kafka to skip a college class. I just couldn’t get out of bed. I told the professor about this ordeal: he rather enjoyed the story.

    ReplyDelete